Sunday, December 1, 2019

December Daily (1)

It is so hard to believe that it is the first of December! This year has really flown by. It has had some good moments, but it hasn't been the best year. I'm already looking ahead to January and what the new year may have to offer. Yet, I know I will still enjoy this month!

Today I found a list of holidays for every day in December and wrote down the ones that I thought my family would enjoy. Stay tuned to see what tomorrow's holiday is! As far as Christmas preparations, well, I did buy a Christmas gift today. I'm actually almost all done with my shopping. I'm hoping to start wrapping tomorrow. I was hoping to have the tree up and decorated today, but the weather conspired against us, so that will be happening on Wednesday, along with the house getting decorated. I try to keep my decor fairly simply and all encompassing. What does that mean? It means that I don't want to spend hours upon hours of putting out Christmas decor only for it to come down at the end of December. Our tree and stockings are the only real Christmas decorations (I'm still waiting to get my grandmother's creche from my mother!) that go up. Everything else is snowmen or snowflakes. Very winter inspired. This means that the snowmen stay up and are enjoyed through January :)

Have you started preparing for the holidays?

No comments:

Post a Comment