Monday, January 20, 2020

Menu Plan Monday (January 20-26)





It is hard to believe that we are already in the middle of January! We've had such a mild winter this year (temps in the 50s-60's...even a couple of 70s!), but Winter arrived today with a high of 35. A friend and I had made plans to go out today, but after talking we agreed to stay in. Neither of us relished going out in the cold! I know for some of you, 30 degree weather is mild, but it is downright cold here!

I have been working part time since November and I am still trying to get used to my weekends being Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. When you have lived with the standard weekend for over 40 years, it is hard to wrap your mind around something new. DH also started a new job at the beginning of the year and is being paid on Monday now instead of Friday, so that changes things a bit too.

This week I am trying to eat as much as possible from the pantry and freezer. Both because I haven't had a chance to go to the grocery store and because I don't have grocery money from DH yet. I think I am going to try and start doing my shopping on Wednesdays. We'll see how it works out. Enough rambling from me. Here's the menu for the week:


Monday- Chicken noodle soup with homemade bread.   Pudding

Tuesday- American goulash with leftover bread. Chocolate chip bars

Wednesday- Pork roast with fried cabbage and mashed potatoes. No bake chocolate cheesecake

Thursday- Teriyaki chicken with rice and steamed broccoli. Brownies

Friday- going out to eat with in laws

Saturday-something in the crock pot...just not sure what!

Sunday- Ham, roasted potatoes, green beans, corn bread. Apple crisp






For more menu inspiration, check out orgjunkie.com!

2 comments:

  1. Pudding...I didn't see that before! Now I definitely want to come to your house. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anytime, Vickie! We always have too much food! :)

    ReplyDelete