Thursday, January 2, 2020

Just To Add

I realized I forgot to expand on the gardening as I said I would.

I have always wanted a garden for as long as I can remember. While we do have room to put in a decent garden, my husband has been dragging his toes. I keep asking and he keeps making excuses. His main concern is that I will not tend to it like I should.

Admittedly, he has a point. I've been known to be a bit flighty in some cases and it wouldn't do to put in the time, money, and work for a garden, just to have me ruin everything by not doing what I need to do. However, I've changed quite a bit over the past year or so. I've been researching, listening to those wiser than I, and following my intuition. I wholeheartedly believe that growing food for my family is a path I need to follow and in order to follow it, I need to do it right.

I have decided then, that this year I will have a container garden. Thankfully, I have a part time job which means that I have a little spending money. Some of that will be put towards containers, seeds, and such. I've been busy making a list of foods I want to try and grow and preserve (all foods that we will eat!) Perhaps if I can show that I am serious about this, a larger garden will be in my future!

I'll be making posts here when I start my little garden and updating throughout the summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment